Town Offices Closed to Public Due to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19 Federal and State declarations of emergency and to protect Town of Walpole citizens and personnel, the Selectboard has enacted the following interim measures:
• Walpole Town Offices closed to the public beginning March 18, 2020, and will reopen on April 6, 2020.
• Town personnel will be available by phone and/or email to answer questions or to set – up any necessary appointments.
• All Town board/committee/commission meetings and sponsored events, excluding the Selectboard, are suspended through April 4, 2020. There will be no public business discussed at Selectboard meetings; only Town business will be on the agenda.
• The Selectboard recommends and encourages all people to use the online options for registrations with the Town Clerk /Tax Collector ’s Office. If citizens cannot register online, contact the Town Clerk’s Office for assistance.
• The Selectboard Office and Town Clerk / Tax Collectors offices will be staffed for regularly scheduled hours. Phone first to determine if an in-person meeting is required.
• There will be no functions held at Town Hall until after April 5 , 2020. The Selectboard will review and update this directive as new NH State mandates are received.
• Town libraries were closed as of March 18.
• The Police Department’s lobby area was be closed for non-emergency business as of March 18. The Police Department will continue to answer phone calls.
The Recycling Center-Transfer Station will be open as regularly scheduled. The Highway Department will continue normal operations.
Watch the CLARION website and THE WALPOLEAN for updates.