Since October 2011
Published monthly for the Walpole Community
Mailed to all residences in town
and On-Line here for the world
And, now on Facebook with more news and updates
please click here to visit, follow, and share
Town Offices Closed to Public Due to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19 Federal and State declarations of emergency and to protect Town of Walpole citizens and personnel, the Selectboard has enacted the following interim measures (updated 3 April 2020):
• Walpole Town Offices will be closed to the public effective March 18, 2020, and will continue to be closed until further notice.
• Town personnel will be available by phone and/or email to answer questions or to set – up any necessary appointments.
• All Town board/committee/commission meetings and sponsored events, excluding the Selectboard, are suspended until further notice. There will be no public business discussed at Selectboard meetings; only Town business will be on the agenda.
• The Selectboard recommends and encourages all people to use the online options for registrations with the Town Clerk /Tax Collector ’s Office. If citizens cannot register online, contact the Town Clerk’s Office for assistance.
• The Selectboard Office and Town Clerk / Tax Collectors offices will be staffed for regularly scheduled hours. Phone first to determine if an in-person meeting is required.
• There will be no functions held at Town Hall until further notice. The Selectboard will review and update this directive as new NH State mandates are received.
• Town libraries are closed as of March 18, 2020.
• The Police Department’s lobby area will be closed for non-emergency business effective immediately March 18, 2020. The Police Department will continue to answer phone calls.
• The Recycling Center-Transfer Station will be open as regularly scheduled. The Highway Department will continue normal operations.
• Town parks and recreation areas are closed to the public until further notice.
Watch the CLARION website and THE WALPOLEAN for updates.
DEADLINE FOR May 2020 Issue – April 23
Please Note – depending upon the month, the CLARION closing deadline may vary from the 20th to 22nd of the preceding month. For a reminder of upcoming deadlines, please sign up (see column to the right) for email notifications from this “blog”.
Click on the link below to see that:
ONLY THE TREES ARE DIFFERENT
Let’s get together to Plant Ahead
The Walpole Common – 3 June 2017
Just about perfect – 29 December 2016
Click here for images of leaves around town October 20, 2016 including a comparison with the image below
Looking at the Village from North Road – October 18, 2015
Photo by Ray Boas
WALPOLE FROM THE AIR — While living in Walpole, researching the opening chapter of his novel HAWAII, James Michener called Walpole “the quintessential New England Village.”
You may click on the image for a larger size.
I took this video 19 September 2013 from the top of Walpole’s Town Hall. Probably my favorite stereo views (seen in my book – AS IT WAS…AND STILL IS – WALPOLE, NEW HAMPSHIRE) were taken from the Town House Observatory in 1874/5. Looking at those images, and the video below, not much has changed except the trees
And, this was fun to see
SNOW ATOP MT. ASCUTNEY – October 23, 2016
click on image for full panorama